The conference payment currency is in British Pounds (GBP), (£)
Full Participation: £350 GBP
Registration will close once we have reached maximum delegate capacity for this conference. You can either register and pay the registration fee as a full-paying delegate or you can apply for a scholarship award funded by The Burdett Trust for Nursing. These scholarship awards are only for nurses and midwives and are different from the scholarships offered in the main The Global Health Network Conference webpage.
Proof of Payment
To register as a full-paying delegate visit this website: https://uctcmc.eventsair.com/the-global-health-network-conference-2022/register
Proof of Payments for Electronic Funds Transfers (EFT) should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
A written notification of cancellation must be sent to the Connect Meet Collaborate (CMC) of the University of Cape Town (UCT) by email to email@example.com. If you have paid and cancel before the respective date below, the following cancellation fee will apply. The remaining will be refunded after the conference.
50% cancellation fee until 22 October and 100% thereafter.
The Burdett Trust for Nursing is funding 25 Scholarship Awards for nurses and midwives to attend the RISE Symposium 2022 & The Global Health Network Conference 2022.
What the Scholarship Award covers?
Reasonable costs to cover your stay including: return flights (economy) to South Africa from your country for one person; bed and breakfast accommodation in Cape Town; symposium and conference registration and conference dinner fees; transfers from Cape Town airport to accommodation.
To apply for The Burdett Trust for Nursing scholarship award complete this application: https://oxford.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/global-research-nurses-burdett-trust-nursing-rise-2022-symposium
To qualify for these scholarship awards you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Applicants must be registered as members of Global Research Nurses (if you’re not already, just sign up now – it’s free – at https://globalresearchnurses.tghn.org/login/)
- Applicants must be employed by a non-commercial organization in a low or middle-income country as per World Bank classification. Details of LMICs are available at World Bank website.
- Applicants must hold the role of a clinical nurse, research nurse or midwife (this award is open to all levels of seniority from junior nurses through to senior nurses, as well as nurses in leadership or management positions).
- Applicants must be eligible for a visa to enter South Africa. The awardee will be responsible for obtaining a business visa for travel to the host. The Global Health Network can send a letter of invitation but will take no further part in obtaining the visa. If the awardee is refused a visa, the award will be forfeited.
The deadline for applications is midnight (BST) 10 September 2022
Terms and Conditions
- The scholarship will cover attendance to The Burdett Trust for Nursing RISE Symposium 2022: Connecting Excellence in Nursing Research, on the 23 November 2022, and to The Global Health Network Conference 2022: Enabling Health Research in Every Healthcare Setting following on 24-25 November 2022
- The support will include reasonable costs to cover your stay including: return flights (economy) to South Africa from their destination for one person; bed and breakfast accommodation in Cape Town; conference registration and conference dinner fees; transfers from Cape Town airport to accommodation
- Arrangements will be made as to how these will be paid for in due course
- Please note that per-diem rates and visa will not be paid for
- All applications will be assessed by The Burdett Trust for Nursing and The Global Health Network for eligibility, and you will be informed no later than a month before the conference
- Priority will be given to those who have an abstract for The Global Health Network Conference 2022 accepted. Abstract submissions closes 10 July 2022.
- All applications must be submitted in English
- Only applications submitted through the application system indicated (Jisc) will be eligible. Please do not send applications by email
- Delegates will be responsible for obtaining a visa for travel to South Africa
- The Global Health Network can send a letter of invitation but will take no further part in obtaining the visa. If the winner is refused a visa, the funded place will be forfeited
- No cash alternative is available for attendance
Please forward enquiries to the Global Research Nurses Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any problems accessing this scholarship call, please contact us at email@example.com