How would you like to attend The World Congress on Nursing & Healthcare Summit 2019 in Bangalore, India 21st - 22nd November 2019?
The Global Research Nurses Member Hub and The Global Health Network are excited to announce a competition inviting nurses in India to submit an essay on “The Role of Nurses in Improving Patient Care through Clinical Research” with a chance to win a funded attendance to this upcoming conference.
This competition is open to all nurses and student nurses working or studying in India in a clinical or research setting. The winner would have the unique opportunity to meet other nurses and discuss the current issues within nursing and research. This nursing conference brings together individuals who have an interest in different fields of nursing like psychiatric, cancer, cardiac, critical care, adult & women health, legal, pediatric and emergency nursing, midwifery, public health, healthcare and medicine from practice, research, administration, policy and education. It is a forum to explore issues of mutual concern as well as exchange knowledge, share evidence and ideas, and generate solutions.
HOW TO ENTER
To enter the competition write a 600-word essay on the topic “The Role of Nurses in Improving Patient Care through Clinical Research”.
Also, tell us in 200 – 300 words why you want to attend the conference and how it would benefit you and research in your institution.
You will need to submit your proposal and your statement using the link below:
Link not working? Copy and paste the links below into your browser: https://oxford.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/global-research-nurses-india-competition
If you have any difficulties accessing or submitting your essay, or have any questions about the competition please contact The Global Health Network (email: email@example.com or T: +44 1865 612986). More information about data privacy can be found here.
*Entry into the competition confirms that you agree with the terms and conditions specified below. (Anchor, i.e. when you click it scrolls to the bottom of the page where the terms and conditions are)
**You can refer to the competition guide below to support your entry, good luck!!
1st Prize: Fully funded attendance to The World Congress on Nursing & Healthcare Summit 2019 in Bangalore, India 21st - 22nd November 2019
2nd & 3rd Prize: A paperback version of Essentials of Nursing research: appraising evidence for nursing practice by Denise F Polit
DEADLINE: Midnight (GMT+1) 12th August 2019
Global Research Nurses is a network developed by nurses for nurses. The prime focus is to help nurses engage, learn and seek opportunities to work in clinical research, and ultimately develop and lead their own studies.
Global Research Nurses endeavours to give nurses, involved in or conducting their own clinical research, a voice. We strongly believe that nurses who lead clinical research will become change agents and improve clinical outcomes. By undertaking pragmatic research into clinical issues nurses face in their practice they could be instrumental in transforming the health of their patients.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. To enter this competition you must fulfil these requirements:
- Be a nurse or student nurse
- Currently be working or studying in India
- Be a member of The Global Health Network (if you’re not already, just sign up now – it’s free – at https://globalhealthtrials.tghn.org/signup/)
2. The 1st prize winner will win:
- Return travel to Bangalore for one person
- Local transfers to and from station / airport to conference venue
- Three nights bed and breakfast accommodation in Bangalore in a 3-star hotel
- Conference fees
- Living expenses of INR 2500 per day for three days
- Please note that per-diem rates will not be paid.
3. 2nd & 3rd prize will be paperback book version of Essentials of Nursing research: appraising evidence for nursing practice by Denise F Polit.
4. Only one entry per individual
5. All applications will be judged by the Global Research Nurses judges panel. The winners will be announced in September 2019.
6. The entry must be your own work. Applicants are responsible for ensuring that they correctly reference, credit and acknowledge any contributors/others’ materials.
7. The winner agrees to write a piece of reflection (300-500 words) about how the conference has impacted on their professional practice to be published on The Global Health Network.
8. The Global Health Network may use all material submitted to the competition in future research and for sharing/embedding on The Global Health Network.
9. No cash alternative is available for competition winners.
10. Judges panel decision is final.
11. The winner and best entries will be placed online on The Global Health Network. To view more information about the meeting, click here.