Global Reseach Nurses' workshop in Enugu, Nigeria was organised by Blue Torch Healthcare, and attended by 120 total participants over two days. The workshop was announced through Global Alliance for Nurses and Midwives (GANM), Global Health Online (GHDonline), Health Information For All (HIFA), through local nursing research groups, Head of nursing services departments of Public and private hospitals in Nigeria, Through nursing blogs and nursing whatsapp groups, and proved very poopular, filling up quickly as always!
Participants came from different States in Nigeria such as Enugu (host city), Anambra, Ebonyi, Imo, Abia, Abuja, Kogi, Lagos, Delta, Rivers. Majority of participants came from the Southeast region where the programme was hosted. Participants came from Public hospitals and clinics, Private hospitals and clinics, research facilities, research groups/organizations, Religious nursing research groups, research foundations and organizations and institutions such as Jhpiego, University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital, Nationl Neuro-psychiatric hospital Enugu, Nnamdi Azikiwe Univerity Teaching Hospital Nnewi, defence academy Kaduna, Federal Teaching Hospital Ebonyi State, National Research Institute Abuja, Enugu State University Teaching hospital, National Orthopaedic Hospital Enugu, Imo State Nursing Research Organization, etc.
Thank you to all the organisers and attendees for making a wonderful day! You can download the presentations and an overview of the event on the right hand side of the screen. Presentations include the following:
- Dissemination of Research Findings - by Omotayo Owoade
- Clinical Research career development - by Ralueke Ekezie
- Processes of Clinical Data Analysis - by Jane Onyiapat
- Writing a research proposal - by Peace Iheanacho
- Mentoring in Nursing practice by Prof Anarado Agnes
- Advising and Mentoring
- Introducting to Clinical Data Management- by Jane Onyiapat
- Funding Resources for Clinical Research - by Dr Florence .T. Sibeudu
- Informed Consent - by A Anarado
- Scope and Practice of CRNs in Africa - Elize Pietersen
You can also tag yourself in the photos on our Facebook Pages!