"Research Administration" is an important role which covers all aspects of grant managament from application to managing the spend, monitoring goals and milestones, and tracking funder regulations.
In this series of resources, iRIM (the Initiative on Research and Innovation Management) have developed collaborative teams from across Africa to develop free online presentations and tutorials relating to how to manage grants and perform administration of clinical research projects effectively. You can find all the modules available here.
Their resources involve the following modules.
- Fundamentals of Research Administration
- Establishing an Office of Research and Sponsored Programs
- Professional Development for Research Administrators
- How to Prepare and Submit Grant Proposals
- Electronic Submission of Grant Applications
- Budget Preparation
- Managing grants
- Notice of Award and Disbursement of Funds
- Grant award management
- Financial management of sponsored research
- Managing subcontracts and consortium for NIH and federal funding
- Subcontractor Management
- Preparing and Submitting Reports
- Grant closeout
- Before you apply for a grant
- Overview of Grants Process
- Research Integrity and Ethics
Most resources are available in a variety of formats, including video, ppt and pdf.
A number of these tutorials are also available in French.